Government of Nepal
Ministry of Health and Population
Travel Advisory issued in view of COVID-19
Taking into account the COVID-19, this Travel Advisory has been issued with a request to all concerned to follow the provisions made by the Government of Nepal in order to prevent, control and take precautions as follows:
- Nepali nationals are advised to refrain from non-essential travel to the countries affected by and in high risk of COVID-19 including the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan and Italy.
- Nationals of the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan and Italy and the people transiting via those countries will have to submit their health certificates stating that they are not infected by COVID-19, at immigration points of Nepal.
- Health desks with international standards will be established at the major entry points from the neighbouring country India, including in Pashupatinagar, Kakarvitta, Jogabani, Jayanagar, Raxaul, Sunauli, Jamunah (Nepalgunj) and Gaddachauki, and there will be the health check-up of Indian nationals entering via land routes.
- For the time being, visas to the nationals of third countries, entering through India via land routes, shall be issued after their health check-up ensuring that they will enter only from Kakarvitta, Jogabani, Raxaul, Sunauli, Jamunah (Nepalgunj) and Gaddachauki.
- Nepali nationals directly coming from the countries affected by and in high risk of COVID-19 and from third countries transiting via those countries will have to undergo mandatory home quarantine for 14 days.
- All promotional events related to Visit Nepal Year 2020 to be organized abroad have been postponed.
- Sagarmatha Sambaad scheduled to be organized by Nepal in April 2020 has been postponed. Likewise, international meetings and conferences to be held in Nepal in the near future have been postponed.
- Private and non-governmental sectors are requested to postpone their international programmes scheduled to be held in Nepal.
- The visa-on-arrival facility extended to the nationals of the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan and Italy, countries highly affected by COVID-19, has been suspended to be effective from 10 March 2020 until further notice. Nationals of the above-mentioned countries may acquire visa from Nepali diplomatic missions abroad after fulfilling required procedures. In this regard, it is requested to follow the notice issued by the Department of Immigration of Nepal on 02 March 2020.
02 March 2020