Notice: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Embassy is issuing only Diplomatic and Official visas and the Visa for Foreign Nationals of Nepali Origin on an emergency basis.
Embassy of Nepal issues tourist, official and diplomatic visa.
- Requirements for Tourist Visa:
- Duly filled in visa application form
- Passport of at least six months validity
- One recent photograph (35mm×45 mm)
- Visa Fee for Tourist Visa:
- CAD 45.00 for 15 Days Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
- CAD 70.00 for 30 Days Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
- CAD 180.00 for 90 Days Multiple Entry Tourist Visa
- If you are sending documents by post/courier, a prepaid self addressed express return envelope, a postal/bank money order payable to the Embassy of Nepal, Ottawa is required (personal cheques, cash or credit card information are not accepted). However, applicants submitting visa application in person can pay by money order or in cash. Embassy of Nepal is not responsible for any undelivered passport/s because of wrong or incomplete address, regular mail, weak envelope and other incidents related to post /courier handling.
- Visa can be submitted in person from 10 am to 4 pm during office days.
- Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn nor the visa fee refunded. Visa must be used within six months from the date of issue.
- Normally, visa will be issued the same day of the submission of application or the next day
- Normally, visa will be issued the same day of the submission of application or the next dayEmbassy of Nepal also issues tourist visa through the Consulate General of Nepal in Victoria, British Colombia;
The Consulate of Nepal at Victoria , BC will only process in person visa applications by appointment. All mail and courier visa applications must be sent directly to the Embassy of Nepal, Ottawa.
Mr Christopher M. Considine
Honorary Consul General of Nepal
30 Dallas Road
Victoria, BC V8V 0A2, Canada
Phone: 250- 381 7788,
Fax: 250-381 1042
- On arrival tourist visa may also be obtained from:
- Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Rashuwagadi, Rashuwa (Northern Border)
- Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
- Nationals from following countries are required to obtain tourist visa prior to their departure to Nepal:
- Official and Diplomatic Visa: A Diplomatic note from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) of Canada is required along with a duly filled in visa application form, valid passport and a photograph for the Official and Diplomatic Visa.
- Visa on Travel Document: All Travel Document holders are required to submit sponsorship letter addressed to the Embassy of Nepal, Ottawa. In case of individual sponsorship, a copy of sponsor’s citizenship is required in addition to other requirement for visa application.
- For more Immigration and Tourism information please visit www.nepalimmigration.gov.np, www.tourism.gov.np and www.welcomenepal.com